Regina Honu born, Regina Fremah Agyare is a Ghanaian Social Entrepreneur, software developer and founder of Soronko Solutions, a software development company in Ghana.
- Soronko Academy is the first coding and Human-centered design school for children and young adults in West Africa.
- Regina is one of the few women making significant contributions to Africa’s development through innovative technological solutions. She founded ‘’Tech Needs Girls Ghana’’. A movement which aims to train and educate more Ghanaian girls into studying technology related courses. The movement is well noted for teaching girls how to code. Tech Needs Girls program has trained over 3,500 girls in Ghana and Burkina Faso.
- As a young woman working in tech, Regina Honu has faced all sorts of challenges including stereotyping, sexism, and discrimination. Despite this, she has found opportunities in the STEM space to make her dreams come true.
- Regina Agyare and Soronko Academy recently launched a program in partnership with MTN Ghana called, the MTN Code Academy for the Deaf. Teaching students from the school of the deaf how to code.
- She is using technology to leave a legacy and empower women and girls to reach their full potential.