Yvonne Orji is quirky, free spirited, humorous, down to earth, loves her “Nigerianess”, is very talented, has an inspiring value system and is one heck of a talented actress. She is best known for her role as Molly in the HBO series Insecure. If like me, you are a stalker, then you must have heard or watched Yvonne’s Ted X Talk on “The Wait is Sexy” which she gave in Wilmington Salon in March of 2017. If you haven’t seen it, cool; you are in great company. See below some nuggets we culled from her speech.
1.It is okay to be different.
2. Do not allow other people project their fears on you.
3. Sometimes you need to sacrifice short time comfort for long term rewards.
4. Don’t judge someone else’s process because you are in a process as well.
5. Don’t compromise on a core value.
6. Wait on purpose and not on fear.
7. Know your standards and set them for yourself.
8. You are priority and you must teach people how to treat you as such.
See full interview below.