Yetty Williams is the founder of LagosMums an online community with the goal being to be a one stop destination for parenting and motherhood questions. She founded LagosMums after having her second child and was seeking information on parenting, the only resources she could find however, were US/UK based. So LagosMums was started to be a destination for mums to support each other and it has continued to grow.
Looking back on her LLA interview, we picked out a few lessons we think would be beneficial to you, and we advice that you take notes. Here are a few lessons.
- Ask! What is the worst that will happen?You never know if there is a Yes waiting for you unless you ask.
- Provision follows obedience, God truly opens doors of opportunity when you obey and follow his leading.
- Balance can occur when you decide what balance looks like for you, don’t put your ladder against someone else’s wall.
- Embrace the notion of sacrifice because for every yes you say, become comfortable saying no to something else.
- Life is in seasons, the demands of young children is different from when they get older so adjust as needed. You need a support system and you are not superwoman so get help and the right kind of help.
Get rid of guilt – too many women let guilt rob them of their joy – just do the best you can do at every given moment in time. Be flexible and enjoy every season in life. Above all it is important to know who you are.