Call for Applications: African Women Writers Workshop 2019
As the name implies, this prestigious workshop is open to women from the African continent. Slated to hold in Ghana, this 10-day residency program will be facilitated by Yewande Omotosho and Sylvia Vollenhoven. The program is an initiative of the African Women’s Development Fund (AWDF).
Who is Eligible To Apply for the African Women Writers Workshop 2019?
- Female writers, journalists, human rights activists and academicians.
- Entrants must be from the African continent. (Africans in diaspora can apply).
- Entrants must be available to travel to Ghana to attend the workshop from 21st October – 30th October, 2019.
- Applicants must show an interest in improving their involvement in the fight for women’s rights and social justice.
- Applicants must be willing to hone and sharpen their creative writing skills.
How To Apply for the African Women Writers Workshop 2019
- Write a sample article (500-1000 words) on women’s rights and social justice.
- Entrants are free to send previously published articles. AWDF will prefer unpublished articles because they intend to publish most of the selected articles on their site.
- Email your entry to email@example.com
- All entries must include the following:-Contact details including name, email address, telephone number, a short bio (maximum 200 words)
Wondering what to write about? Click to find Inspiration For Writers: 10 Story Podcasts That Inspire Creative Writers With Unique Story Ideas
Successful applicants will receive:
- Round trip fare. Participants from the diaspora may be required to pay part of the cost of air fare depending on the budget·
- Full accommodation and meals·
- Workshop material and stationary
- Opportunity to learn from (and connect with) the best writers on the continent.
Culled from sando.org.ng