Social Media & Community Intern
We’re looking for someone to support our social media and community engagement strategy at LLA. We’re not just looking for someone who responds to DMs or creates cute captions— but someone who has an ear (and flair) for social media chatter, and who’s really passionate (and committed) to engaging with our community across all our social media platforms. Understanding issues around gender equality, feminism, D&I, and women empowerment is crucial. This is a remote position, reporting directly to the Founder.
- Create engaging, insightful content, daily across all our social media verticals that keep our community engaged, inspired and enlightened
- Support the Content and Programs teams with creating social media content from events and programs
- Timely monitoring and responding to inquiries from members of our community across all platforms
- Creating catchy and visually appealing graphics to amplify content and captions
- Creating weekly social and community engagement content plans
- Design graphics for LLA daily staples, and weekly interview verticals — Lady Boss, LLA Interview, Career Conversations etc
- Proven track record with verifiable experience in social media management & community engagement.
- A naturally curious, ambitious and creative person
- Exceptional attention to detail and creating error-free content
- Exceptional storytelling, written, and verbal communication skills
- A degree is not required — we are interested in people who intuitively get this stuff
- Knowledge of online and content marketing is a BIG plus
- Interest in women’s rights, feminism LGBTQIA and gender equality is a huge advantage
- Team player — willing to learn and collaborate
- You’re at home working with digital apps like Canva, and navigating your way confidently around Mailchimp, WordPress, TikTok, IG, LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, etc.
What we offer you:
- A paid internship with an opportunity to work, learn and develop
- Remote work with a team who are committed to creating a world that is more equitable for women and girls
- An opportunity to fast track your career and possibly transition into a full-time position within 9—12 months
- A conducive, non-toxic, work environment, where women and underrepresented minorities have a chance to be wholly themselves and thrive
- Meaningful work in a dynamic environment, that gives you the opportunity to create, develop and innovate
To apply, send your CV & cover letter to email@example.com on or before 11:59 pm WAT, 23rd December, 2020.
Please note that this position is available to only WOMEN.