Be rooted in a tree but be flexible like the branches.
Emeline Nsingi Nkosi is a bi-lingual actor and the presenter of The Core, a lifestyle and entertainment show which airs on Ghana’s GHOne TV. A woman of diverse talents, she discovered her love for presenting and producing when she created a visual dissertation for her final year in University.
After she graduated, Emeline went on to create her own show, M about Town, in 2015 where she interviewed Hollywood celebrities such as Rosario Dawson and she documented the Fashion Africa Conference, also in 2015. She joined Alexander Amosu’s LuxAfrique where she covers Art exhibitions, Luxury Travel, Restaurants and Fashion in across the world.
Here’s her advice to aspiring female media entrepreneurs;
- Be authentic to yourself and your audience…At the end of the day, there is only one you and those that like you will stick with you.
- Your mood can really impact your work, if I have an argument with someone I care about, I can’t leave it to linger, otherwise, my day just feels dark and negative and you need to able to put on a happy face for TV.
- Life can sometimes feel lonely especially when knowing who to trust, surround yourself with people who really have your best interest at heart.
- Know what you stand up for, so when opportunities arise you know if they fit.
- Look at how your favorite media entrepreneurs started and how can you replicate that for you.
- Head to relevant networking events. Get onto Linkedin, build your network.
- Never sell yourself out – stand up for what you believe in, don’t be swayed easily but be flexible. Rooted in a tree but flexible like the branches.