If you love Gabrielle Union, indicate by doing a tap dance.
Gabrielle is IT and by IT we mean she is e-v-e-r–y–f-r-i-g-g-i-n-g-d-a-n-g-t-h-i-n-g.
Okay, let’s get serious now. Let’s forget her caramel skin, gorgeous dimples, luscious lips, almost perfect dentition, dark rich hair, leggggggggggggs for days and concentrate on others things you did not know about her for a minute. Shall we?
Thirteen things about Gabrielle Union Wade you should know.
- She had a thought process that exhalted ‘blonde’ as the template for measuring beauty. Hence, she never believed she was beautiful and consequently, had esteem issues.
- She was attacked and raped at nineteen by an armed robber while working part time at ‘Payless’ shoe store.
- Life lessons from Oprah’s show, ‘The Oprah Winfrey Show’ served as therapy for her and eventually helped her get over the rape.
- She runs ‘Flawless’ by Gabrielle Union, a hair-care line that caters to the needs of (wo)men with textured hair.
- She has a plus size sister whose clothing needs inspired her to start a clothing line for plus sized women ‘Love& Blessings’.
- She came out on being a retired ‘gossip and rumor lover’ during her Fierce and Fearless awards acceptance speech for Black Women in Hollywood Pre-Oscars Luncheon in 2013.
- In 2008, she was contacted specifically and appointed by Former President of the United State of America, Barack Obama to work with the National Advisory Committee for Violence Against Women.
- She launched the ‘Women Are Watching’ campaign, an initiative of the Planned Parenthood Action Fund to advocate for health care equity, access to safe and legal abortion, affordable birth control for women alongside other actresses in 2011.
- She got married first in 2001 at 28, she got divorced five years after.
- She has received 12 awards and 61 nominations for her exceptional acting skills.
- She is an advocate for survivors of sexual assault.
- She released her memoir, ‘We Are Going To Need More Wine’, in April 2017.
- She is 46, is married to Dwayne Wade, a step mom to his three kids and has been acting for over 18 years,