#SheHiveAbuja: Governors, Ministers and more come together to empower young women.

SLA 1-05-16-207


Recently, the premier community for young career and business women – She Leads Africa – held its innovative (travelling) bootcamp, the SheHive, in Abuja! SheHive Abuja, which provided young and ambitious women with new skills in climbing the corporate ladder, negotiating, developing a pitch deck, identifying job opportunities, speaking with investors and more, was a highly rated success.


The bootcamp saw 100 attendees over the weekend. On Twitter the #SheHiveAbuja hashtag made 2.5mn impressions in one week, whilst on Instagram the hashtag made over 5.5mn impressions. Participant feedback: 80% of participants gave the event a 5/5 in terms of usefulness with the remaining 20% giving the event a 4/5.


“One of the best decisions I have made was to keep up with She Leads Africa.”
                                            – Adama Indimi, Style & Beauty Night host (Instagram @presido)



Janada Kwaaji (Founder, Mint Organic), Lola (MD, Blinx Lashes), Rahama Sadau (Kannywood Actress and SheHiveAbuja Host Committee member)


Speakers included the Nigerian Minister for the Environment, Hadiza Bala Usman (co-founder #Bringbackourgirls), Governor el Rufai, leading lawyer Asue Ighodalo as well as MTV Base and The Voice Presenter Stephanie Coker. These speakers covered topics including building a career in the public sector, how to negotiate, public speaking, and how to orchestrate an internationally recognised campaign. Governor el Rufai was interviewed by his son Bello and spoke passionately about the role and duty of men in ensuring gender equality in Nigeria.


Participants who purchased the exclusive All Access Pass also had surprise visits from 2 of Nigeria’s most prominent investors, the Nigerian Minister for Trade, Investment & Industry as well as the Head of the Nigerian Sovereign Wealth Fund. The Sovereign Wealth Fund head actually listened to some of the people’s pitches and requested a follow up meeting with one of the entrepreneurs!


“The sessions have been intimate which I really like. They have also sought to include us as much as possible by using our personal businesses to create practical scenarios.”

                                              – Eyak Bob, All Access Pass holder (Instagram eyak_bob)


All attendees walked away with FREE goodies from Lumo Natural, Hairfinity, Maybelline NYC and Dark & Lovely as well as a N1,000 gift certificate for Nkataa, Nigeria’s premiere online supermarket. The Nkataa team also gifted one of the lucky entrepreneurs with a N50,000 cash prize!!


Sponsors of the event included: Huawei, Etisalat, Bella Naija, YNaija, Ebony Life TV, Pulse NG, Lumo Naturals, Dark & Lovely, Maybelline NG Hairfinity, IE Business School, Chicken Republic, SoltoshMocktails, ACE and Jobberman, The Guardian.


SheHive Abuja was also supported by a wonderful Host Committee including Adama Indimi, Chidera Okolie, Fatima Mamza (of Mamza Beauty), OG Ogechukwu (of Style Temple), Ugo (Nkataa.com) and Rahama Sadau (KannyWood Actress).


She Leads Africa will be taking the She Hive bootcamp on a tour across the continent and diaspora in 2016, the next stop is New York (2nd-5th June 2016). Interested participants and partners can learn more about the tour and sign up at sheleadsafrica.org or contact info@sheleadsafrica.org



Share This Post

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Get updates and learn from the best

Leave a Reply

Read these next

Sign up for the Leading Ladies Africa Newsletter and get the latest info on what you need to thrive in your life, business or career.

What are you interested in?

[yikes-mailchimp form="1"]