Owen Omogiafo is the Director of Human Resources at Heirs Holdings Group, she was the former HR Advisor to Tony O Elumelu, when he was CEO of United Bank for Africa (UBA). In this capacity, she worked with Elumelu to strategically drive staff affairs at the bank.
Leading Ladies Africa had an interview with the impeccable Owen, and we learnt quite a great deal from her, as she taught us how to give the best at work and at home. She teaches us that when it comes to balance, quality is everything, not quantity.
Here are five things you can learn from this amazing woman, when you’re #RunningInHeels.
- Have a clear view of your destination; pick the right role models as when you falter along the way, you can draw strength from them. Be very careful who you surround yourself with; as they can bolster or pull you down (remember the saying, your network, is your net worth).
- Constantly improve yourself, never think you’ve learnt it all or know it all.
- Just because you are working in a man’s world, does not mean you have to be like a man – embrace and celebrate your femininity.
- Career and personal growth have little to do with luck or opportunity. It involves having a clear destination in mind, being focused on career goals, and having the right mentors.
- Be nice to people along the way and going up, as you may need them someday. Pick the right life partner; otherwise you are practically dead on arrival.
Bonus; learning and mastering emotional intelligence will help you relate with people better, to achieve the best results every time.