Gbubemi Vera Aibangbee is the Co-Founder and Managing Partner of Madam Sabi Market Services, a pioneer internet based food shopping website in Nigeria The company basically leverages on technology to distribute agricultural food produce to individuals and corporate organizations.
Before she started her business, she attempted several businesses most of which she failed at. However, learnt valuable lessons from my failures and her ”Madam Sabi” brand is the product of all that knowledge she gathered while starting. From her wealth of experience and success so far in business, we’re sharing with you the lessons we learnt from her during her LLA interview.
Here are 5 things the working woman can learn from Gbubemi Vera.( I think we can call her Madam Sabi 😉 ).
- Sustaining a culture of honesty and always putting the customer’s interest first is the secret to maintaining customer trust.
- Whether directly or indirectly, everyone performs better with the right support from the right people
- Up-and-coming entrepreneurs are more likely to succeed when they acquaint themselves with mentors that provide support and guidance. Mentorship better prepares them for the business challenges ahead and significantly helps to avoid or reduce the pitfalls they would otherwise fall into.
- It creates a success ripple effect when women seek acquaintances with mentors who can encourage their ambition and help them grow confidence in themselves. They can in turn impact and inspire others and this way, a society of successful women is fostered.
- As Entrepreneurs, you have to be patient. Focus first on giving value. Maintain your standards. and Listen to your customers.