Folorunso Alakija is an entrepreneur and billionaire businesswoman. She is the executive vice-chairman of FAMFA Oil Ltd and Managing Director of Rose of Sharon Group.
Folorunso Alakija has both local and world recognition as a successful career woman. She was ranked by Forbes as the richest woman in Nigeria. In 2015 she was listed as the second most powerful woman in Africa after Ngozi Okonjo Iweala and the 87th most powerful woman in the world by Forbes.
Folorunso Alakija is a woman who has risen above any form of setback and has been able to build a successful career over the years. In this blog, we have curated a list of quotes from Folorunso Alakija to inspire you as you go about your daily business.
- Don’t give up when things get tough, just hang in there, stay focused and be patient.
- Rome was not built in a day. As you continue to struggle to make ends meet, somewhere, somehow, you will make it.
- Thinking opens the doors to our minds and makes us receptive to the very idea of broadening our horizons and learning new things.
- Be diligent to succeed as there is a way where there be no way, only the persistent and diligent finds it.
- Just start small with what you have and you can grow the business.
- I once dared to dream and if I could succeed, then so can you.
- Always see challenges as opportunities in disguise. It’s not really about how much we possess, but rather how well we manage and use what we are entrusted with.
- Dream big. There is nothing seen that wasn’t imagined. There’s no overnight success. You have to start by dreaming big and working towards your goal.
- In all you do, always strive to acquire skills that make you stand out and excel.
- Persevere – Never give up! Today’s world enjoys electricity because of those who did not give up!
We hope that you find this blog valuable. Share with a friend!