American actress Meagan Monique Good has been in our faces since childhood but as her name implies we are pinpointing what makes Good distinct from other Hollywood personalities. Not only is she one of those rare Hollywood actors whose morals will not be undermined inspite of Fame and Glamour, her career story is also inspiring. In honour of all the goodness in Good, see below, some facts you should know.
- Meagan begun her career in 1985 at the age of 4 and has since appeared in numerous television shows, films, and music videos. She first gained critical recognition for her performance as the troubled teen Cisely Batiste in Kasi Lemmons’ 1997 film Eve’s Bayou for which she received two award nominations, including her first NAACP Image Award nomination.
- Meagan is African-American; she has a Jewish and African ancestry.
- While growing up she claims she didn’t always look great, she was very skinny and nerdy but built confidence quite early and retained it.
- In 2011, she was part of the ensemble cast in 2012’s Think Like a Man, a movie based on Steve Harvey’s 2009 book: Act like a Lady, Think like a Man which was a commercial success.
- Don’t have a role model? don’t fret, you are good company (lol pun intended) You guessed right though, Meagan wasn’t one of those people that had role models- positive role models while growing up. Instead, she motivated herself steadily to achieve her dreams and not until she became an adult did she have one.
- Although she was not raised in the church, Good is a Christian and considers herself a very spiritual person. She had stated in numerous interviews that she would not play roles that she feels might “disappoint God”. She explained in an interview that Jesus tops her list of heroes, and she lives to honor him.
- In 2011, after a series of long-term relationships that didn’t work out, Meagan Good was ready for a change. She swore off sex and committed to abstinence until marriage. She later met and begun dating DeVon Franklin. They became engaged in early April 2012, and were married on June 16, 2012. She stated that they remained chaste in their relationship prior to their marriage.
- Good has starred in numerous films, Tv programmes, voiced for a video game and has awards and several nominations to her credit.
- She also has a best-selling book “The Wait” co-authored with her husband about their decision to remain celibate before marriage.
Culled from Wikipedia and Futureofpersonalhealth.com