Today on LLA’s #HowWellDoYouKnow series, we are putting the spotlight on Ghanaian Leading Lady- Afua Osei. Here are 7 things you should know about her.
- She is the co-Founder of She Leads Africa– a millennial media company for African women.
- She graduated cum laude with a degree in Political science from Allegheny College and was the first student to design her own major in black studies. She also won the Faculty Prize for the Best Interdisciplinary Senior Thesis, Cornerstone Award and the Ray Smock Political Science Prize for promise in local and state politics.
- Afua was awarded the Fulbright Award to study and teach in Malaysia. Her research examined the methods that Terengganu officials have used to balance the tension between the needs for economic and technological progress with the preservation of their historic culture. She has also served in the office of the 44th #flotus #Michelleobama.
- She was the president of the Association for the Advancement of Black Culture at #Allegheny, she was also a student fellow for the Center for Political Participation, served as Chairperson of the Community HIV/AIDS Awareness Committee, public policy and international affairs fellow at the H. John Heinz III School of Public Policy and Management at Carnegie Mellon University.
- Afua has an MBA and Masters of Public Policy from University of Chicago Booth School of Business and Harris School of Public Policy Studies.
- She has been recognized by Forbes Africa as one of the youngest power women in Africa (2014), named by Ventures Africa as one of the top 25 African innovators to watch in 2016 and one of the 30 Quartz Africa innovators in 2017.
- She has spoken at international platforms such as TEDxEuston in London, G20 Africa Partnership Conference in Germany, Essence Festival Durban in South Africa and Thomson Reuters Foundation Trust Conference 25 in the UK.
What do you think about Afua’s Plethora of achievements?
We definitely think she is phenomenal.