The Leading Ladies Africa Induction is a formal event hosted to welcome new team members.
It involves walking new team members through the vision of the organization, familiarizing them with other team members and intimating them with what is expected of them.
This year’s event had in attendance, Founder of Leading Ladies Africa, Francesca Uriri, Head of Digital Content LLA and Content Craft Founder, Adedoyin Jaiyesimi, HR Manager of ACT Foundation, Ivie Ogbonmwan and Chief of Operations, The Future Project, Bukola Adebakin.
As expected, quite a lot was shared and I learnt so much. I honestly still have ‘hangovers’ and I do not think I will recover in a long long time.
Here are 10 things I learned from the induction:
- Emotional Intelligence is a skill everyone needs to have.
- Purpose can be expressed on the platform of a career but it is not limited to that.
- Be willing to learn and embrace new tasks in your line of duty.
- Some people are lucky, they get their dream job immediately, others are not so lucky. On your journey, be willing to take on smaller jobs while you await your dream job.
- Have a career goal and stick to it.
- ‘This is the way I am, accept me like that’ is no longer an excuse for character flaws. Work on your weak areas and develop yourself.
- As a creative, you need to learn how to communicate the vision you are upholding using the language of your generation. What this means is, be vast, be dynamic. The world is evolving daily, don’t be analogue in a digital world.
- Be humble. News flash! You really are not all that and a bag of chips. I know it stings but it is the truth. Stay humble.
- Mentors will help you on your journey, have a mentor.
- Be good to people for no reason.
Do any of these points resonate with you? Let me know in the comments section.