Bisila Bokoko refers to herself as a renaissance woman in progress, in the business of doing good and with the passion to share. She has a goal to reach out to as many rural areas as possible and build libraries. The idea is to promote the love for books among the young population in Africa.
Bisila Boko beleives that Africa is rising and she has faith in this generation. We learnt a whole lot from our Leading Ladies Africa interviewwith Bisila Bokoko and we’re excited to share 6 mind blowing things we learnt from our interview with her.
- Sometimes we complain about the circumstances that are around us but the reality is that how we face the situations makes a difference. How you see yourself is key and how you think and feel.
- You should be gentle with yourself at all times and have compassion on yourself and others around you who might become stones in your road. Also, you must ask yourself this question; What is the worst thing that could happen? And then you realize that while you are breathing there is always a chance.
- if you want to change things and people around you, you need to start by changing yourself. And learn to stay positive and surround yourself with positive people.
- women should support each other and realize that by helping other women you help yourself.
- To get ahead and reach the leadership level you want, you need to champion and market yourself. That means proactively managing every step of your career, arm yourself with a strong network, and a mentor if possible.
- Push yourself beyond your comfort zone and you might find new zones of opportunity.