Asides from the brawns and brains Danai exudes at first glance or her spanking low cut, rich dark skin,and epic role in the famous African Super Hero movie Black panther, here are five other things we love about African Holly wood actress Danai Gurira
- She is a social activist. Her ardor for the advocacy of human rights especially women’s rights led her to sign an open letter addressed to Angela Merkel and Nkosazana Dlamini-Zuma, urging them to focus on women as they serve as the head of the G7 in Germany and the African Union in South Africa respectively.
- She is the founder of ‘Love Our Girls‘ a non-profit organization which aims to highlight peculiar issues and challenges that affect women throughout the world.
- She is the co-founder of Almasi Arts Inc., an organization dedicated to continuing arts education in Zimbabwe.
- She is an award winning playwright. According to her, writing gives her the impetus to better harness her strengths as an actress, and also provides a creative outlet to tell stories that reinforces ideas about strong women who experience life in a way she can relate and identify with.
- She is a polyglot. She speaks, French, Shona, conversational Xhosa, and English.