The Oprah Winfrey often referred to simply as Oprah, is an American syndicated talk show that aired nationally for 25 seasons from September 8, 1986, to May 25, 2011. It was an highly influential show, and many of its topics have penetrated into the American pop-cultural consciousness. Oprah used the show as an educational platform, featuring book clubs, interviews, self-improvement segments, and philanthropic forays into world events.
The last episode of the show aired May 25 2011 amidst a lot of emotions. Oprah gave her farewell speech which was deeply inspirational and had several nuggets about life, calling, talent and relationship for all to learn from. Here are 5 things we took out from the speech.
- Consistency is king. Be consistent. “I never missed a day in 25 years because I know you were waiting.”
- When you are called to do something, you will know. It sparks the light in you and allows you illuminate the world in your own way.
- You have the power to change someone’s life.
- You are responsible for your life.
- Share your light with the world.
You can watch the video below