K.E.L.L.Y R.O.W.L.A.N.D is No Secret.
We all know Kelly Rowland is a globally recognised International singer, songwriter, actress and Tv personality but today, we present to you other things you should know about American singer, Kelendria Trene Rowland.
- Rowland rose to fame in the late 1990s as a member of Destiny’s Child, one of the world’s best-selling girl groups of all time and has sold over 30 million records as a solo artist and a further 60 million records with Destiny’s Child.
- Rowland in partnership with Beyonce founded the Survivor Foundation- a charitable entity set up to provide transitional housing for victims and storm evacuees in the Houston, Texas area for the After Hurricane Katrina in 2005 which progressed into carrying out philanthropic mission of for Youths.
- In 2010, Kelly Rowland launched “I Heart My Girlfriends”, a charity that focuses on self-esteem, date violence prevention, community service, abstinence, sports, drugs and alcohol and smoking avoidance, obesity, disabilities, and education.
- Rowland has once stated that there was a time in her life when she struggled with being dark-skinned.
- In 2008, Rowland became ambassador for MTV’s Staying Alive Foundation, which aims to reduce stigma against people living with HIV and AIDS. She visited projects in Tanzania and Kenya to promote the charity, and underwent an HIV test in Africa to raise awareness of the disease.
- In 2009, Rowland connected with Serve.MTV.com, MTV’s platform to connect young people with local volunteerism opportunities. From battling homelessness to beautifying impoverished neighborhoods Rowland and a lot of celebrities discussed volunteering causes and urged young people to join with their friends in making civic service a part of their lifestyle.
- In October 2010, the American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers (ASCAP) honored Rowland at the second annual ASCAP Presents Women Behind the Music, an event which recognizes women in all areas of the music industry.
- In April 2017, Kelly released her first book named: Whoa, Baby!: A Guide for New Moms Who Feel Overwhelmed and Freaked Out when they have their first baby.