Digital Communications & Storytelling Lead
Leading Ladies Africa is a women-focused non-profit based in Sub-Saharan Africa. Our mission is to build a diverse and inclusive community of African female leaders who are equipped to solve Africa’s most urgent and pressing socio-economic and cultural challenges. We do this through a variety of ways, which include Content Development, Programs Execution and Targeted Storytelling. We want to see African women and women of African descent thrive in their businesses, Careers and Leadership Circles. Diversity, Inclusion, Equity and Belonging are part of our core values.
We are looking for a qualified individual to lead and grow our Digital Communications and Storytelling efforts. This will be a remote, full time position, reporting directly to the Founder.
What You’ll Do
- Develop and expand the LLA brand profile online, and offline, with third parties in Africa — telling poignant stories around leadership, gender equality & parity, economic justice, sexual and body rights, etc — all geared towards the empowerment of African women and women of African descent
- Create engaging, insightful content across our online & social media platforms that keep our community engaged, informed and inspired
- Work cross functionally with the various teams within the teams structure — to amplify LLA’s vision and mission
- Manage the online community and respond quickly to inquiries and DMs across all social platforms
- Work to tell our story — and the story of how we’re transforming the narrative around African women in Leadership, Business, Politics and the Corporate Sector — in creative, inspiring ways that resonate with our target audience
- Create and develop strategic communication campaigns that resonate with our target audience and bring to life LLA’s goals and objectives
- Organize and coordinate our regular content, thinking up new ways to make them even more engaging and impactful
Develop and set up a regular cadence for our newsletters and ensure that it resonates with our community
- Draft and distribute press releases, op-eds, feature articles and supporting materials for Programs — as and when required
What You’ll Need
- Experience: Proven track record with verifiable experience in Digital Content creation, Communications, Media Relations & PR.
- Self starter: LLA is an organization of entrepreneurs and we are seeking people who enjoy building things from the bottom up too! We are fast-paced and rapidly growing — so you’ll need to be highly adaptable, ruthlessly organized, as well as calm under pressure.
- Great advocate: We’re looking for someone who can distill complex ideas into simple, copy. You’ll need to write well and have the creative ability to tell stories — about our brand and the specific ways we’re empowering women and promoting gender equality.
- Social Media Whiz: You will need to be very strong in creating content for digital and social media and have experience with managing and engaging online communities across verticals like IG, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and YouTube
- Design Proficiency: You’ll need to be at home working with digital apps like Canva, and navigating your way confidently around Mailchimp, WordPress, TikTok, etc.
- Experienced spokesperson: Confident, capable and ability to share the LLA story in a compelling and resonant way
- Creative & Fun: We’re looking for someone who is creative and knows how to have fun with their work
- Team player: We’re looking for someone that enjoys working with others to get stuff done — and who can deal with the ambiguity that sometimes comes from working cross-functionally.
About the Team
We’re an all-women team and are constantly looking for new ways to engage and empower our community.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who are seeking an opportunity to build a world that is more inclusive for women of African descent, one where they can succeed in every area of their lives. If you’re curious, driven, creative and have a collaborative, can-do spirit, then connect with us!