What You’ll Do
- Lead the development of Leading Ladies Africa’s brand and profile online and with third parties in Africa, telling poignant stories around leadership, gender equality and diversity & inclusion for women of African descent
- Create engaging, insightful content across our major online verticals that keep our community engaged, inspired and enlightened
- Work cross functionally with the Program, Special Projects and Partnerships team to help amplify the work that they do
- Manage the online community and respond quickly to inquiries across all digital platforms
- Work to tell our story–and the story of how we’re transforming the narrative around African women in Leadership, Business, Politics and the Corporate Sector –in creative, inspiring ways that resonate with our target audience
- Create and develop strategic communication campaigns that resonate with our target audience and bring to life LLA’s goals and objectives
- Organize and coordinate our regular content, thinking up new ways to make them even more engaging and impactful
What You’ll Need
- Self starter: LLA is an organization of entrepreneurs and we are seeking people who enjoy building things from the bottom up too! Stuff changes fast in our world so you’ll need to be highly adaptable as well as calm under pressure.
- Great advocate: We’re looking for people who can distill complex ideas into simple, but intellectually credible, discussions. You’ll need to write well and have the creative ability to tell stories–about our brand and the specific ways we’re empowering women and promoting gender equality.
- Social Media Whiz: You will need to be very strong in creating content for digital and social media and have experience with managing and engaging online communities across verticals like IG, Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn
- Design Proficiency: You’ll need to be at home in working with digital apps like Canva, and navigating your way confidently around Mailchimp, WordPress, TikTok, etc.
- Experienced spokesperson: Confident, capable and ability to share the LLA story in a compelling and resonant way
- Team player: We’re looking for someone that enjoys working with others to get stuff done–and who can deal with the ambiguity that sometimes comes from working cross-functionally.
- Proven track record with verifiable experience in digital content creation and communications. Backgrounds in Media, Public Relations, Marketing, Communications are a plus.
About the Team
Leading Ladies Africa organizes programs that equips women with the core skills they need to develop their business and professional lives, provide them with relevant and timely hands-on, real-time capacity training and inspire them to achieve their set objectives and goals in life. LLA is also focused on meeting the fifth Sustainable Development Goal of empowering women and promoting gender equality.
Our core pillars are Enterprise, Leadership and Career Development.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who are seeking an opportunity to build a world that is more inclusive for women of African descent, one where they can succeed in every area of their lives. If you’re curious, driven, creative and have a collaborative, can-do spirit, then connect with us!
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted