Content & Editorial Intern
We’re looking for someone to support our content and editorial strategy at LLA. If you’re an absolute whiz at content creation, have a flair for creating exciting copy, and are interested in gender equality, feminism and women empowerment, then this opportunity is for you. It’s a remote role, and you’ll be reporting directly to the Founder.
- Create and curate daily content for the LLA Website and interview verticals — Lady Boss, LLA Interview, Career Conversations etc
- Support the Programs team with content creation for programs and events
- Support the Partnerships team in creation of proposals and proprietary documents
- Work to tell our story — and the story of how we’re transforming the narrative around African women in Leadership, Business, Politics and the Corporate Sector — in creative, inspiring ways that resonate with our target audience
- Organize and coordinate our regular content, thinking up new ways to make them even more engaging and impactful
- Creating weekly content and editorial plans
- Coordinate content for LLA weekly newsletters
- Proven track record with verifiable experience in content creation and editorial management.
- A naturally curious, ambitious and creative person
- Exceptional attention to detail and creating error free content
- Exceptional storytelling, written, and verbal communication skills
- A degree is not required — we are open to people who intuitively get this stuff
- Knowledge of online and content marketing is a BIG plus
- Interest in women’s rights, feminism LGBTQIA and gender equality is a huge advantage
- Team player — willing to learn and collaborate
- You’re at home working with digital apps like Canva, and navigating your way confidently around Mailchimp, WordPress, TikTok, IG, LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, etc.
What we offer you:
- A paid internship with an opportunity to work, learn and develop
- Remote work with a team who are committed to creating a world that is more equitable for women and girls
- An opportunity to fast track your career and possibly transition into a full-time position within 9—12 months
- A conducive, non-toxic, work environment, where women and underrepresented minorities have a chance to be wholly themselves and thrive
- Meaningful work in a dynamic environment, that gives you the opportunity to create, develop and innovate