8 Lessons we learnt from the amazing Shade Ladipo in 2017
Shade Ladipo is the Country Director for WEConnect International in Nigeria, a travel and media entrepreneur, and social activist.
At the age of 25, Shade founded Avienti Limited — a Destination Management Company with three offices in Nigeria. She has worked with the United Nations Volunteers Nigeria and several advertising agencies where she specialized in event management, account management, and client services and strategy.
Shade is also a public speaker and regularly appears on radio programs and at live events about everything she is passionate about including leading a successful business in Nigeria. She also has a YouTube channel where she shares her thoughts and these have been really insightful. here are a few things e learnt from her in 2017.
- Smile, and never stop smiling. And thank God you do not look like what you’ve been through.
- Embrace every flaw, every challenge and every experience because they make you strong and fearless. the greatness comes with those bumps, embrace it, don’t skip or avoid it.
- There’s something magical that happens on your journey, you find yourself, you find inner peace, you find joy and you find purpose, and in the end it’ll all be worth it.
- It is possible to make a change, make money, do good, be happy, and have integrity.
- Consistent development is the key to becoming a good leader.
- Don’t ever limit yourself , just do it. Invest in yourself
- Always surround yourself with positivity and people who push you daily. Don’t get lost in the social media flash and forget to work on your internal growth.
- Don’t focus on money, that’s the biggest mistake you can make if you ever want to be successful.
Shade teaches us that nothing can stop you but YOU. we’re looking forward to more wisdom from this queen this year, and we’ll sure be taking notes.